Things to know for COVID -19 in 2021
Well, another half of a year has just been completed, and the pandemic is still ongoing. Here are some recent points of interest for us to remember:
- US vaccination rates are stalling, though over 150 million have received at least one dose of the Pfizer/ Moderna/ J and J vaccines.
- The worldwide vaccination rate is lagging.
- The Delta variant is the dominant strain- more infectious than prior variants.
- Vaccines are less effective against Delta strain but still protects from developing severe or critical infections.
- Cases of myo-/pericarditis in adolescents and young adults after vaccination- mainly males under 30 are being studied and evaluated for further safety recommendations, and experts are still recommending vaccines over infection.
- Vaccines are still not approved for children under 12 years of age.
- Long-term Covid patients may require an increase in healthcare services for months after infection- possibly longer.
- As expected, colds and RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) infections increased as we have reduced mask mandates.
In striving to get back to normalcy, we have started to notice reduced mask mandates, ease in travel restrictions, and the economy beginning to re-open. Schools, Hospitals, and Businesses are slowly trying to return to pre-covid operations while maintaining a watchful eye on the trends. Prayers continue to go out to everyone who has been affected by this horrible pandemic, and there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.
There is also still so much to be thankful for in the office. We have been able to see more of our regular patients. Bridget’s personal fitness clientele is beginning to pick up, and DeAnn’s esthetic and laser services are also beginning to see an increase. We are still planning to introduce our aesthetic services at an open house launch in the coming months. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay tuned! Until then, stay positive, stay focused, and stay strong.